Among notable conservatives, Republicans and libertarians who have endorsed freedom to marry:
* Former U.S. Rep. Connie Morella (R-Montgomery)
* Former U.S. Rep. Wayne Gilchrest (R-Eastern Shore)
* State Sen. Allan Kittleman (R-Howard), Del. Bob Costa (R-Anne Arundel), and Del. Wade Kach (R-Baltimore County).
* Former Ehrlich administration chief of staff Chip DiPaula.
* Chrys Kefalas, former counsel to Gov. Bob Ehrlich.
* Jason Papanikolas, former head of the Prince George’s County Republican Central Committee.
* Michael Esteve, former head of Maryland College Republicans.
* Kevin Waterman, secretary, Queen Anne’s County Republican Central Committee.
* Hollywood great and 2012 Republican convention speaker Clint Eastwood;
* Colin Powell;
* Laura Bush;
* Dick Cheney;
* Former Solicitor General Ted Olson;
* Former RNC chair Ken Mehlman;
* NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg;
* San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders;
* Former New Mexico governor and 2012 Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Johnson;
* Former UN Ambassador John Bolton;
* A critical mass of libertarian-minded Republican lawmakers in the New Hampshire legislature, who prevented repeal of that state’s law;
* Noted philanthropist and supporter of free-market causes David Koch;
* Columnist Michael Barone.